Ideas For Fundraising
About 1 in 285 children will develop cancer before the age of 20. This is your chance to help change that. When you fundraise for the Walk for Childhood Cancer Research, you are supporting the brightest minds whose ideas are making the greatest impact for kids with cancer.
Ready. Set. Fundraise!
Use the tools and resources below to help get your fundraiser started, track your fundraising goal and show your appreciation!
General Fundraising toolkitUse This Tool
Team Captain Fundraising toolkitUse This Tool
Fundraising PosterUse This Tool
Fill In Your Why PosterUse This Tool
Images for Social MediaUse This Tool
Copy for Social MediaUse This Tool
Email TemplatesUse This Tool
Employer Matching GiftsUse This Tool
Offline donationsUse This Tool
Tips & tricks to be a successful fundraiser
- Link your fundraising page to Facebook and ask your friends for support.
- Send emails and texts with a link to your fundraising page and ask your supporters to forward your emails to their networks on your behalf.
- Host a fun fundraising event! Ask for a suggested donation and send participants a Zoom link after they have donated to your fundraising page.
- Game Night
- Dance Party
- Scavenger hunt
- Dinner party
- Lemonade stand
- The international awareness symbol for childhood cancer is the gold ribbon and September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Cut gold ribbons and send to friends and family that donate to your fundraising page.
- Offer incentives to supporters for every $50 donation, record and send a video thank you message or special handwritten thank-you card.